Ever since Anawnimister and I got together, I haven’t shopped alone, which I really used to enjoy when I was married. With him, things are different. We do things together. I know how sappy that sounds. That’s because it is.
Anyway, he needed to go out of town for the weekend for work, it seemed like the opportunity of a lifetime. I stayed up all night, went to sleep at 7 am, woke up at 1 pm, ate junk food and stepped out of the house. I also made plans with the only girlfriend I have, and as with all other plans, something really good came out of it.
*wink wink nudge nudge*
Anyway. Shopping alone was really boring. I missed the banter, the pointing and laughing, the two seconds of serious thought that goes behind every purchase.
So when I called the mister and told him how all that went, he said I should write down all the things I want to do in this lifetime, and he would make sure I get to do all of them, regardless of my marital status.
Aaaaand that was when I drew up the following bucket list:
- Go to a bar alone, flirt with strangers, let them buy me drinks. Dance and generally have a good time (which I have done before, but I’d like to do it again anyway, this time without feeling like I’m cheating.
- Group-stalk someone with the complete paraphernalia, like night vision goggles and walkie talkies. Learn from my stalker and leave bordering-on-creepy notes without getting caught at stakeouts. Volunteers invited. (Aussa, you listening?)
- Study something fancy in the US and find a waitressing job or work at a gas station like everyone does in the movies. Then come back to India and get a high-paying job.
- Travel a lot. Get a whole lot of stamps on the passport. For each country I visit, get a new tattoo on the back. Flags, maybe.
- Go camping all alone.
- Blow up an entire month’s salary on shopping without feeling guilty. If I get to do #3, I’m sure this won’t be a problem.
- Learn at least three dance forms.
- Learn to kick ass at fencing.
- Work at a garage. Learn to fix a motorcycle.
- Have a kitchen garden and grow food and flowers. (Michelle, care to help with this one?)
I’m quite convinced I ought to put more stuff on the list while I can, but have run out of ideas. Any other suggestions before I hand this over to the mister?
Photo Credit: Steven Ng