Okay, so this is a post that has been lying in my drafts for a few months now, and I haven’t really had the courage to post it.
But today, I’m finally putting an end to the laurels category on this blog. Not because I value your appreciation any less, but because I feel that there are so many amazing blogs out there with fewer readers and they deserve these awards a lot more than I do.
With a lump in my throat, I give you the last installment of the customary seven things about me.
- I have a sister and a brother. I’m older than both of them. My sister and I have a love-hate relationship, but I absolutely adore my brother.
- My mom’s into theater and I was always in awe of that. I always wanted to be a film star. That’s something I never told anyone. I also wanted to be a housewife. I told people that but nobody believed me. Go figure.
- I’ve only been in four real relationships so far. In two of them I was pretty much a doormat. I thought that the only way to keep a man hooked to you was to do that – be a doormat. Then I grew a brain and found myself a husband that my family thought was a “keeper”. I fell out of love with him just as easily as I had fallen in love. Our marriage didn’t survive. Now I’m in love with a different man, and I say different because he is exactly that, different. It took a long time for me to figure out if I wanted to marry him, but eventually I did. I’m happy I did.
- This one’s not technically about me, but my new husband, Mister, has been clinically depressed and suffering from depersonalization and derealization for over a decade, and I am amazed at how he handles it. You can never tell he’s having an attack. Well, you can’t. I can. But he does a pretty good job of coping with it.
- I am guilty of cluttering people’s Facebook feeds with cliched photographs of my feet in new places. I also rant a lot without context.
- I hate office celebrations. They make us decorate bays every year on Christmas. Every Diwali, they make a huge fuss about handing out sweets and gifts. Holi is a mess. There’s color all over my workstation. The gujiyas they serve are stupid. And I wear saffron-white-green every bloody independence day. Really, every year, the exact same routine. Christmas and Independence day are the worst of the lot! There. I said it.
- What? only six so far? I hate lists.
And my nominations? Every single blog on my blog roll. Seriously, I can’t pick a few. They’re all beautiful people with beautiful stories, and I love them all.
Again, thanks for all the love!