Last year, when I had just started blogging, I read a series of two truths and a lie posts. It was a whole lot of fun trying to figure out how well I knew the people whose lives I found so interesting. I made a lot of friends through my eagerness to bond with the people I absolutely adored and the limitless power of guesswork. Much as I wanted to participate, write my own two truths and a lie post, I couldn’t. I was far too new to expect someone to even spell my name correctly. I wasn’t wrong. I’ve been blogging for over fourteen months. and 500-odd followers and 170 posts later, some of my blogger friends still call me Awnanamiss, Anwanamiss, and Anawnamiss. Even if I completely ignore the little voice in my head that tells me I should’ve stuck with Anonymiss, I can’t ignore how much I wanted to play with you. Yes, you! So today, let me ask you this. If I were to write that two truths and a lie post, would you play? Because I have my list right here. Only, there are four truths and a lie.
- A few months ago a blogger told me, ostensibly in jest, that he wanted to “date rape” me. When I confronted him about his insensitivity, he just kept telling me he only meant it as a joke. After two days of trying to make up my mind, I finally blocked and reported him. I still suspect he stalks my blog in stealth mode.
- After I moved out of my ex-husband’s house, I decided to get a tattoo for each year I would spend my life unrestrained. So now, I have three tattoos. One on my leg, one not on my leg, and one definitely not on my leg. Mister is crazy about the the third, if you know what I mean. And I think you do.
- Giggles and I stopped being friends for a long time after this episode. We only met socially once in a while. We got back to being friends only some time last year, around the time I started this blog.
- I am not afraid of spiders or rats or any other species known to be ick-inducing. But I won’t ever touch stuff that can fly. I’m scared of moths and butterflies and cockroaches with wings alike.
- I’m a little obsessive when it comes to my shoes. I’ve been buying the same pair of red and black canvas shoes since 1999. I have sixteen or seventeen other pairs of assorted footwear, but this is my go-to pair, especially when I go dancing. Yes, even if I’m wearing a dress. Yes, even if the colors don’t match.
Can’t wait to see what you think I’m lying about! Do you know me well enough to be able to figure out when I’m lying to you? How about writing your own four-truths-and-a-lie post?